2020 Roll Up From Maintenance = RULE!
- Update from Buzzard 01
- New Buzzard Chief - Chief Master Sergeant Chad T. Gaddy
- WWII Fighter Pilots Fulfill Squadron’s Promise
Black Sea Joint Training
U.S. Air Forces in Europe led an all domain mission with assets from U.S. Naval Forces Europe, U.S. Special Operations Command Europe, and U.S. Space Command, in the Black Sea, July 22, 2020. The mission occurred in international airspace and waters within the Black Sea and was designed to train U.S. forces to integrate, operate and communicate while executing all domain operations.
510th Fighter Squadron History
The 510th Fighter Squadron was originally constituted as the 625th Bombardment Squadron (Dive) on 4 February 1943. It was activated on 1 Mar 1943 at Drew Field, FL, and assigned to the 405th Bombardment (later, 405th Fighter-Bomber; 405th Fighter) Group. It was redesignated as the 510th Fighter-Bomber Squadron on 10 August 1943; as the 510th Fighter-Bomber Squadron, Single Engine, on 20 August 1943; and as the 510th Fighter Squadron, Single Engine, on 30 May 1944. In late 1943, the squadron moved to Walterboro Army Air Field, South Carolina where it began to fly the were the Douglas A-24 Banshee (1943), then the Bell P-39 Airacobra (1943) and finally the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt (1943-1945).
- 510th FS, 48th FW conduct FTD at RAF Lakenheath
- Aviano Airman named top Fighter Aviator in USAFE
- RMAF & USAF unite for Majestic Eagle 2013
- Fighters in BALTOPS